The African Development Bank Group (AFDB) is a development finance institution which focuses on helping countries to reduce poverty in Africa. We have 5 major goals.
We believe that when we achieve these goals, which we call the High 5s, Africa will grow to become a bigger and better place to live in. The High 5s are: Light up & Power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and improve the Living Conditions of the People of Africa.
Feeding Africa requires all of us to strengthen our effort in Agriculture. To do this , we need all hands on deck. We need to get more young people involved in farming.
Young farmers are the future of Africa. Our rich Africa soil can produce all the food we need to put food on every table and sell the rest to make enough money to send everyone to School in order to get the other High 5s achieved. We need everyone to understand that farming is cool.
Application are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the contest below:
Title: Junior Art Contest
Will You Help Us?
- Are you below the ages of 10 and 16 ?
- Do you express yourself in Art ?
- This a unique opportunity to use your talent to show Africa that Farming is cool and win a partial scholarship too! In addition, you get to share a High 5s with the president of the AFDB, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina and have your work featured at an exhibition during the opening ceremony of the bank’s new office building in Abuja.
- Then what are you waiting for?
Prizes to be won:
- 1st Position: N1,000,000
- 2nd Position: N500,000
- 3rd Position: N250,000
15th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications accompanied by the following documents below:
- A signed letter from parents/guardians allowing participation and granting ownership of entries to the AFDB
- Full contact details of contestant and parent or guardian categories limited to Painting, Drawing, Sculpting, Photography, Mosaic and Tapestry
All fully wrapped Applications should be submitted to:
Junior Art Contest,
Africa Development Bank,
No. 8 Lake Chad Crescent,
- Contestant must be resident in Nigeria (not necessary Nigerian)
- Only 1 entry per participant.