The new UNIL Master Scholarships are available for students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are very good. Foreign students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university. Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: All masters UNIL as listed being at www.unil.ch/enseignement/page23109.html
However, it is not possible to apply for the following programs:
- Master of the School of Medicine
- Master science and education practices
- Master in Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Law in Criminal Justice, Judiciary mention
- All MAS (3rd cycle programs)
Warning: for the Master of Law (Master of Law), only two endorsements
“International and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open for a postulation on a Master’s scholarship.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is awarded for the minimum period of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600. – Per month from 15 September to 15 July (i.e. 10 months per year), for the entire duration of the master’s degree (1 year and a half or 2 years depending on the chosen master), except In case of definitive failure after the first year.
Candidates are made aware of the fact that the amount of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Number of Scholarships: UNIL grants ten scholarships a year.
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Obtain a foreign university degree deemed equivalent to a Bachelor of UNIL before the start of the master program at the UNIL.
- To have distinguished herself during her studies, notably by particularly brilliant academic results.
- Have a minimum level of B2 (level according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or English depending on the language of instruction of the chosen master.
- Not already registered at UNIL.
- To have paid the administrative fee of CHF 200.- (see document “list of documents to be attached to your application file”)
Abandonment of the program results in suspension of the scholarship.
Nationality: Foreign students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must obtain a foreign university degree deemed equivalent to a Bachelor of UNIL before the start of the master program at the UNIL
English Language Requirements: Students must have a minimum level of B2 (level according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or English depending on the language of instruction of the chosen master.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their completed application form (refer to the document “list of documents to be attached to your application file”), unbound, by post only.
Download Application Form
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.